A Home Away From Home
Everyone needs a place to hang his collar,
even if it's just for a little while!
We offer a safe, comfortable and affordable
environment for dogs and cats who,
for whatever the reason,
must be away from their human companions.
Contact us about our boarding services
and schedule a tour.
See details below:
Dogwood Kennels can board your pet(s) for one day or several months. Standard care includes individual pens in our heated and air-conditioned kennel. Dogs are let out 4 to 5 times a day in individual outside runs. Lights and TV are on from at least 7:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Dogs that will not relieve themselves on cement are exercised in pea gravel or grass pens. Food and bedding are provided if you do not bring their own.
Dogwood Kennels boards pets every day of the year but we do not have drop off and pick up hours on Christmas, New Year's Day, Easter, July 4th, and Thanksgiving.
DROP OFF & PICK UP HOURS
Monday to Friday - 7:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Saturday - 7:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. (no p.m. hours)
Sunday - 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. (no a.m. hours)
Memorial Day & Labor Day - 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Dogs - Up to 40# - $10.00/Day
40# and over - $11.00/Day
Kennel Food - $1.00/Day
Cats - $7.00/ Day (litter box provided)
Kennel Food - $1.00/Day
Administering Medication - $1.00/Day
Day Boarding is available during weekdays when picked up by 6:00 p.m.
We do not offer Doggy Daycare (Group Play)
PLAYTIME SERVICES - $5.00 per session
Your choice of:
HOME TIME - 15 Minutes of "whatever the pet needs" i.e. play, a belly rub or just cuddling.
or TRAILBLAZERS - A 15-Minute walk on our scenic trails
Rates are charged on a per day basis including the day-in and day-out except you will not be charged for the day-out if you pick up your pet before 10:00 a.m.on a regularly scheduled day.
Your dog(s) can be groomed on weekdays while you are away (except for holidays). Make arrangements when making your reservations. See Grooming page for more information.
Instructions For Boarding Your Pet
1. Make a reservation ahead of time by
calling or texting: 269-244-8556
~ NEW EMAIL ADDRESS ~
(Make reservations early for holidays and school vacations)
2. Your dog must have current vaccinations for Rabies and DHPPL (Distemper, Hepatitis, Para influenza, Parvovirus, & Leptospirosis). Bordatella (kennel cough) is optional. Cats need to have Rabies, Distemper and FVRCP vaccinations. You must bring a certificate with expiration dates from your veterinarian (or you can have your veterinarian email us at the address above). Vaccinations should be given at least five days before you plan to leave your pet in order to be effective and cause less stress to your pet. Yes, your pet can be exposed to disease when kenneled with other animals. The risk is quite low and virtually eliminated when animals have the required vaccinations. Cleanliness helps to ensure a disease free environment too.
3. If you don't bring your pet's own food, they will be fed our dry dog food for an additional $1.00 per day. Please don't bring different food from what your dog normally eats but sometimes adding canned food can help poor eaters.. You must bring your own food for dogs under one year old. Older dogs will also benefit from having their own food. Package food in plastic baggies in serving amounts and mark with permanent marker. Do not bring your own dishes.
4. Bedding will be provided or you may bring your pet's own blanket or bed. Please mark your bedding with permanent markers with your last name. Any bedding that is being shredded will be removed as soon as possible.
5. Bring a few toys that they have played with. Please mark all toys with permanent marker with your last name. Rawhide chews and greenies will not be given to your pets because they can be dangerous if not closely supervised.
6. Be prepared to fill out an information form with name, address, telephone number, and emergency numbers. You will be required to sign a form that is good for the calendar year stating that you agree to conditions for boarding, give consent to seek medical attention, and agree to pay all charges when you pick up your dog (cash or check). Prepayment is accepted.
7. Dogwood Kennels has 24-hour, on-call veterinary support. We maintain relationships will all area veterinarians and try to provide care with your own veterinarian whenever possible.
8. Do not overfeed your dog prior to boarding or stage a dramatic farewell. This causes undue stress to your pet.
9. Please respect our business hours. This is our home too.
10. Relax and enjoy your trip.